Friday, September 22, 2006

How to vote on Trinity Site or council members

I have reread the EPS report and have read the Boyer Company report. I like the Boyer report much better.

My dad was an architect who designed hospitals so I have seen many reports like the Boyer report. My brother is a civil engineer who helps communities and developers with projects such as Trinity Site.

When I write a business plan for a project or a business, I routinely put in pro forma financial results for the parties. In this case, I would expect such results not only for the site but also for Boyer, for the county, and for the school system. These pro forma (meaning what we think will happen but has not happened yet) results include a few pages of financial assumptions and a few pages of explanations of why the particular assumptions were made.

To me, what is missing from both the Boyer report and the EPS report are these assumptions and their rationale. I do not expect Boyer to supply this information. It is not their job. EPS was not apparently asked to create such scenarios.

As a voter, however, I need this information so that I can make an informed vote. For instance, I need to know what happens to the financing of Trinity Site if LANL becomes a pit production facility or if more people retire and only shop on line.

Does this make sense?

Cheers,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home